Be-IT is currently working with a large analytics company based in Glasgow. We are looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer will be engaged in the optimization of processes and tooling affecting the engineering department.
The Individual will be a part of the Global Dev Ops team, responsible for developing and optimizing processes and tooling used by engineering departments across product lines. Participating in design, development and implementation of complex solutions using technologies such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible, Docker, Terraform, Maven, Artifactory, Jenkins/Teamcity, GIT/SVN/Bitbucket, Virtualization and more.
- Ensure availability of CICD pipelines and additional tooling used by engineering.
- Keeping existing systems updated whilst building future systems to meet business needs
- Successful completion of all tasks allocated within agreed timescales to the agreed quality level
- Facilitating proactive measures to ensure systems availability
- Maintenance of CICD tooling in line with engineering needs.
- Monitoring of production systems from availability/performance/stability point of view
- Participate in incident management remediation, lead and work to resolve ongoing related issues/crisis.
- Work closely with other peers, managers and team leaders within product house engineering.
- Working closely with global DevOps team on companywide goals and objectives.
- Manage individual workload and requests.
- Assist in the planning, designing, and implementation of new CICD initiatives Issue Escalation
- Identify, highlight and if possible resolve issues - otherwise escalate issues to senior team members.
- Report daily progress of your tasks to your manager.
- Provide appropriate and regular communication to all relevant parties.
- Provide regular updates about self-development and learning needs to mentor / line manager.
Skills and Experience
- Strong attention to detail;
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to work with multiple product teams;
- Good time management skills; strong ability to self-manage;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences; own a collaborative, partnership mentality;
- 3+ years’ experience in DevOps or relevant Development/Automation role.
- Knowledge of CICD tooling – Jenkins/TeamCity
- Strong scripting experience (Shell, Bash, Python, Powershell);
- Experience with a Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN, TFS)
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedI