Be-IT is currently working with a large analytics company based in Glasgow. We are looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer will be engaged in the optimization of engineering processes and tooling affecting the engineering department across the company’s product lines. They will be involved in the development and support of solutions which enhance the efficiency of engineering as well as configuration of tools and responding to the on-going needs of the engineering team as a primary customer. These solutions will involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives and engineering teams.
As part of Global DevOps team, the DevOps Engineer will be involved in supporting the strategic move of products into the public/private/hybrid cloud performing DevOps activities and working with various technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Virtualization and more as required to automate the process of building, packaging, provisioning and deployment of on-premises and SaaS applications.
Skills and Experience
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux based applications
- At least 2 years of scripting and programming experience in Python, PowerShell and/or Bash
- At least 2 years of experience with Continuous Delivery/Deployment and Continuous Testing
- At least 2 years of experience developing and maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines using Jenkins or any other CI/CD tooling
- Strong troubleshooting & debugging capabilities, both technically and personally in an agile software development team environment
- Experience working with Global organizations
- At least 2 years of experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- At least 2 years of experience with SCM tools such as SVN, Git, Bitbucket
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn