Be-IT is currently working with a large analytics company based in Glasgow. We are looking to recruit a DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer will be engaged in the optimization of processes and tooling affecting the engineering department.
They will be involved in the development and support of solutions which enhance the efficiency of engineering as well as configuration of tools and responding to the on-going needs of the engineering team as a primary customer. These solutions will involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives and engineering teams. As part of optimization the DevOps Engineer will need to work with a variety of tools as work may be required in the configuration or use of such tools. They will be involved in supporting our strategic move of products into the cloud performing DevOps activities and working with technologies such as Chef, Docker, Puppet, Maven, Artifactory, Jenkins, TeamCity, Ansible, Virtualization and more as required to automate the process of packaging, provisioning and deployment.
- Strong Experience with Windows and Linux based applications
- Scripting languages in Windows and Linux (bash, python, PowerShell)
- Experience with automated deployment methods / continuous integration (CI-CD)
- Strong troubleshooting & debugging capabilities, both technically and personally in a development team
- Experience with CM tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with TeamCity and/or Jenkins pipelines and other CI tools
- Experience with SVN, Git, Bitbucket, Jira.
- Experience with databases and data pipeline components.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a DevOps or relevant Automation Development role
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn