Software Engineer (Python) – Dundee
£30,000-£50,000 + Benefits
Are you a mid to senior level Software Engineer with experience and desire to develop cutting edge data solutions? Interested in working alongside data and analytics team to design, implement, and manage a new data platform?
What will I be doing?
You will be tasked with working alongside DevOps engineers and data analysts to design, implement, and manage a new data platform. You will work alongside an experienced team to gather requirements from across the company to make sure this organisations data platform continually delivers insight so informed decisions can be made.
What’s in it for me?
This role will provide you with a great opportunity to have a meaningful impact in a forward-thinking company. You will be provided the time and room to develop your skills with exposure to the most up to date software and data practices.
What do I need to succeed?
We are looking for someone who has;
- Experience programming in either Python, Java or C#
- Understanding or experience working with data warehouse/business intelligence applications and technologies
- A real interest in DevOps and Data Operations
- Experience or desire to work with AWS tools including Redshift and EMR
- Interest in data lake technologies and patterns
- Knowledge of database administration, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience in project planning and design, requirements and systems analysis, and results in documentation and defect tracking
Tell me a bit more about the company.
You will be working with an industry leading name working with data that can affect those around you. You will have the chance to immediately impact products being used in the current market all within a relaxed and friendly environment. This company ensures you can relax through social outings, events and meet-ups through-out the month. This company values their staff and will invest in your professional and personal development through-out your time in the organisation.
Interested to find out more? Get in touch on 0131 344 4783 or at email@example.com