Are you a technical team manager passionate about DevOps looking for a role where you can lead team using cutting edge technologies on major projects? Would you enjoy taking ownership of the strategic direction for DevOps in large and fast moving organisation? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing is working with one of Scotland’s biggest, dynamic and complex technology organisations to source a DevOps Manager. This is a rare opportunity to join large team providing key services and solutions in market leading organisation and will offer excellent further career and skill development.
- Managing the DevOps teams ensuring that defined objectives, schedule, standards and cost targets are met.
- Ensure production support of the strategic platform provides real value and insight to the organisation and stability is always a priority objective .
- Demonstrate through results, an aptitude for supporting and delivering multiple activities in parallel while maintaining schedule, responding effectively to changes in priority.
- Provide regular status and summary updates and supporting metrics for the team
- Provide technical expertise, proposals and direction around initiatives and proposals aligned to Cloud strategy ensuring business value for each
- Be the engagement point of DevOps for all other teams – representing the team positively and professionally while promoting the capabilities
- When required, lead and coordinate a small team of other professionals to deliver larger/ more-complex solutions.
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Strong knowledge and experience of enterprise scale delivery
- Solid experience in a Technical Management / Technical Team Leading role
- Solid experience of DevOps or TechOps and awareness of modern Engineering practices
- Full lifecycle exposure and understanding through modern methodologies (Agile, TDD)
- Dev and Test Environment Management experience
- Commercial & opensource Monitoring & Analytics at enterprise scale
- Solid understanding / awareness of; Enterprise Security practices, Cloud platforms and services, CI/CD and build pipelines, Awareness of SRE practices, Kubernetes & Docker
If you want the chance to progress your career in a highly technical and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.