Be-IT have been exclusively retained by an industry leading telecommunications company in Dublin to source a Director of Group IT to assist in the strategic growth of their organisation. With offices across the UK and Ireland and partnerships with some of the largest names in the IT industry, this will be a career changing opportunity for the right individual.
With over 2000 employees, our client has grown from strength to strength and this will be a newly formed role within the organisation due to their successful trading and commercial expansion. This is an ideal opportunity for a seasoned IT Director / CTO / Senior IT Manager to utilise their skills and experience to guide a large scale organisation to a cloud based environment, adapt cloud based software services to enhance the company’s operations and service offerings with their client and ensure the organisation has the latest security solutions to protect their operation.
The Director of Group IT will be responsible for directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as ensuring the full support and maintenance of existing applications and the development of new technical solutions. They will also be responsible for managing supplier relationships and ensuring sufficient redundancy on all business-critical platforms/processes. Over a planned period of time, the Director of Group IT will move the business fully to a digital environment where day to day activities throughout the organisation are carried using digital technology.
Key duties include:
- Responsible for managing supplier relationships and ensuring sufficient redundancy on all business-critical platforms/processes
- Providing expert advice and support when systems are being upgraded or installed and when there are conversions or file maintenance
- Overseeing the development and enhancement of company applications and integrating new applications with existing solutions
- Working with staff to develop plans and strategies so client services can be enhanced, user effectiveness improved and innovation encouraged
- Liaising regularly with executive and senior management as well as systems users
- Managing IT staff, with responsibility for hiring, evaluation, training, guidance, disciplinary procedures and dismissals
- Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for it staff and all end-users
- Ensuring written documentation is created and maintained, to include user and system manuals, licence agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades
- Keeping up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements
- Creating a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting
- Take the Lead in regard to company requirements associated with - The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679)
- Requirement to attend Board Meetings, when instructed to do so by the group CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field / experience
- A minimum of 7 years managing a complex IT environment
- Demonstrable experience in a technical management role
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT role in Northern Ireland/ROI, please apply via the link below or contact Tony Baker in complete confidence on 02895 214076.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.