The Director, QA, works with members of a global engineering team and is responsible for leading and managing specific aspects and activities of software development ensuring high quality standards and integrity of the software suite. Possesses solid working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within quality assurance and can provide subject matter expertise and guidance to QA team members globally. Responsible for project planning, designing and executing test plans and processes, for assigned products, in a high-paced environment.
Leads a functional team of quality engineers and automation developers, including managers and team leaders. Manages the work efforts of supervisors and makes decisions for hiring, performance appraisals, and career planning of team of 25 to 30 engineers. Prioritizes and delegates tasks across team boundaries and/or geographically dispersed teams while managing multiple priorities and parallel projects. Communicate with product developers and technical support specialists on software issues; Resolve issues and contribute to the business unit/area development. Participates in scrum ceremonies, such as Scrum of Scrum and Strategic Alignment meeting. Oversees software testing and performs analysis to ensure that software products meet specifications and are within quality limits. Produce and use metrics to continuously improve the process of building software and the associated artefacts. Evaluate test coverage and identify an appropriate testing strategy. Ability to work in a cross-functional team and global environment. Experienced in leading team transformations.
- Demonstrable management and leadership experience with a progressive increase of responsibility, coupled with significant experience in quality engineering;
- Experience with an agile methodology such as SCRUM or KANBAN
- Experience with mobile automation testing strategies
- Exhibit a strong desire and drive to succeed
- Excellent leadership & motivational skills
- Strong organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision making
- Good team player
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Maintains own skill sets by keeping up to date with development trends and thinking.
- Ability to follow process but to remain flexible in achieving project objectives
- Ambitious, motivated, eager to learn and demonstrate value
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedI