Be-IT's client is a highly successful and forward thinking company working with an enviable client portfolio and has an excellent reputation for producing world class software solutions. Working from their state-of-the-art R&D facility you will join a team of technical experts that prides itself on delivering top quality technical results for clients.
Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include Software and Hardware Design Engineers and System Test Engineers. The teams work closely with Sales and Marketing, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Test Development Engineer to join our R&D team. Reporting to the Hardware Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the successful transfer of new hardware products from R&D to manufacturing. Identifying and implementing solutions to increase the manufacturability and testability of these products. You will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to deliver new products and enhancements to our existing portfolio.
The successful candidate will be experienced and able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy working on leading edge designs.
- Working with both the R&D and manufacturing teams to ensure that new and legacy hardware products can be successfully manufactured and tested.
- Implementing solutions to increase the testability of new and legacy hardware products.
- Ensure the requirements between R&D and manufacturing are defined and implemented.
- Debugging and solving issues at both discrete component and instrument level.
- Implementing design changes as a result of component obsolescence or supply chain issues.
- Estimating and delivering to timescales based on an outline of the requirements.
- Support quality oriented activities to deliver a product that will delight our customers.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject.
- Proven experience of implementing test solutions for high density complex products.
- JTAG BSCAN test development
- Develop software to verify the manufacture of hardware products - C/C++, Python, Labview
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team.
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial:
- Proven schematic design experience –preferably with OrCAD.
- Experience of designing PCBs
- VHDL design.
- Knowledge of FPGAs.
Please call Alastair Philp directly on 0131 344 4792 for immediate consideration or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In