Do you value teamwork and a work/life balance? Are you a Team Leader who has a pragmatic approach to your work, constantly striving to deliver world class software solutions?
Working for our client will give you the chance to build a brilliant career in a forward-thinking organisation that offers a long list of benefits.
Be-IT is working in a close cooperation with a highly progressive and customer-focused software company that provides high-class cloud-based SaaS solutions to a sizeable and growing client base globally. Working from stunning offices in the heart of Edinburgh this company offers a friendly and progressive environment to work in.
As the Engineering Manager you will lead a dedicated team of extremely smart and collaborative engineers, ensuring they're well directed, motivated, productive and engaged in their work. This is a technical hands on and people-management role.
- Coordinating work, and facilitating technical team discussions to help make decisions
- Working with your team and the wider business on prioritisation, unblocking bottlenecks, roadmap planning for future development cycles
- 1-1s with all your direct reports. We believe regular contact with your team members is essential, as is giving and receiving feedback
- Coaching, mentoring and developing engineers to help them craft the perfect career path.
- Hiring responsibilities, conducting interviews, reviewing applications and helping to optimise our hiring journey
- Celebrating your team’s achievements!
Skills and Experience
- Significant web development experience at a senior level, ideally on a commercial SaaS product
- Previous experience of people management
- A comprehensive understanding of lean and agile development methodologies
- Stellar communication and organisation skills
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment while embracing accountability
- A learning mindset, always open to improve yourself and learn from others
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and Linked In