Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow.
The Senior Financial Analyst works as a member of the Business Operations team and is responsible for setting up projects, documenting processes and managing to operational deadlines and supporting the field team with key reports. This role will provide key support to the newly formed Services PMO and ultimately assist in driving revenue. These activities include, but are not limited to, order setup and assignment, revenue forecasting under ASC 606 guidance, backlog reviews, and month end reporting.
Assist in managing, budgeting and planning activities. Ensure that project files are maintained and kept up to date for all initiated projects. The project file is a combination of hard copy and electronic files. Manage core financial compliance controls and report to the internal/external audit teams. Revenue recognition/revenue management & financial reconciliation to support monthly and quarterly close activities. Work closely with Finance to automate reporting where applicable. Manage complex Excel workbooks utilizing pivot tables. To produce regular reports from internal systems to cover: -
- Utilisation levels
- Billings & Revenue
- Project profitability
Assists in the day-to-day preparation of standardized reports utilizing web-based report systems and formatting data using Microsoft Excel. Must be very capable of creating Pivot Tables and using VLOOKUPS. Perform ad hoc reporting for leadership. Understanding of revenue recognition policies within a Professional Services organization. Lead and reinforce field behaviours through reporting and strong leadership (backlog reviews, time submission, revenue recognition, forecasting, etc.) Support and update of key documents and processes within the department including:
- Contractor spending file
- Overtime/on call log
- Handover to support log
- SME Log
Continuously evaluate and drive process improvements. Highlight operational performance issues and recommend remediating actions. Validate, Manage, and oversee the confirmation of services process related to revenue recognition. Provide support to Project Management team around administrative duties (as required) Respond to internal customer requests across multiple mediums including email, telephone, public mailbox(s) and “skype Messenger”.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years’ experience in similar roles
- Ability to follow process but to remain flexible in achieving project objectives
- Excellent administration skills
- Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Exposure to Financial Force and Salesforce systems would be a distinct advantage
- Fluent in MS office applications, particularly Outlook, Excel & Powerpoint
- Experience with some of the advanced functions of Excel including functions and macros.
- Experience working with off shore teams
- PowerPoint Presentation Design
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (ability to create pivot tables, knowledge of advanced functions including functions and macros)
- Professional Services Automation (PSA) order setup and configuration knowledge
- Working knowledge of financial accounting processes (General Ledger, Project Accounting, Budget, Revenue Recognition, and Billing).
- Working knowledge of GAAP and financial statements
- Salesforce experience
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn