Interested in working with companies who with exciting technologies such as Java 8, NodeJS, Python, PHP, .net Core, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker?
Within this role you will not work with one skillset … you will join an organisation who operate as full stack engineers. You will regularly be working within development squads with the latest Front and Back end Technologies, DevOps tooling and deploying to popular cloud platforms including AWS, Azure & Google Cloud Platform.
What's in it for me?
You begin your role as a as a Software Engineer, but the aim is to broaden your skills and become a full stack, technology polyglot, excited to learn new technologies and techniques across the full technical stack and product life cycle. If you already have an advanced skill set, you can join at a higher level and jump straight into it!
- You will primarily be focused on hands on engineering of consumer and business related applications and as such will have an expert understanding of software engineering best practices such as effective source control, code reviews, daily builds, and automated deployments.
- You are equally at home with cloud, Internet related technologies, protocols and languages along with lean / agile development techniques and DevOps culture all working as part of a team.
- Above all, you can write highly efficient, stable, secure, maintainable and performant code. And understand the difference between engineering and over-engineering.
You don’t need such a broad range of skills to be considered, this organisation love investing in their employees to enable them to grow into full stack engineers across multiple platforms & languages.
Skills and Experience
Ideally you will have experience in some of following:
- Demonstrated experience with one or more languages and modern frameworks (Java, Node.js, PHP, Python or .net Core, as well as exposure to a number of other technologies).
- Source code management systems such as Git, build tools such as Maven and CI tools such as Jenkins or Concourse.
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases such as Cassandra or Mongo.
- Modern messaging systems such as RabbitMQ & Kafka.
- A number of years engineering enterprise services in multiple industries.
- Experience of working in a team with a DevOps culture surrounded by lean / agile delivery methodologies.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Or get in touch on email@example.com / 0131 344 4783 for more information!