Are you looking for a challenging role as a Geoprocessing specialist? Do you have the ability to solve geoscience challenges and develop complex geoprocessing models, workflows and applications and want to join a fantastic team who specialise in geoscience applications for use in Oil & Gas exploration? Then read on this may be the role for you!
Be-IT is working in close collaboration with a leader in exploration geology and geophysics applications for use in oilfields. They have a comprehensive portfolio combining high quality and performance services, added value and innovation; this company enables its clients to make the best use of technology and increase their ROI.
- Geoscience, Geography, GIS or related degree or a post-graduate GIS certification
- Experience developing tools to analyse spatially enabled raster and vector data
- Experience with GIS technologies such as QGIS, ArcGIS, FME Desktop or FME
- Experience of database development.
- A professional attitude (self-starter; ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team as required; ability to meet deadlines; ability to present ideas to others).
To be successful in this role you will need experience of working on complex products using GIS technologies you will have a proven track record in applications and will have worked on Geology or Geophysics previously. You will have excellent communications skills and provide routine updates to key stakeholders.
It would be advantageous if you have any knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Experience using version control such as GIT/TFS.
- Experience in WebGIS development
- Knowledge/experience of Agile Methodology and Scrum product development.
- Experience developing scalable GIS processing and/or collaborative mapping using Docker
- and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with cloud-based application development.
On top of a competitive salary, our client offers a fantastic benefits package. More importantly, you will have an opportunity to build a wide and diverse career within the organisation where employees are valued exclusively by their skills and can learn and progress in a collaborative and friendly environment.
Please apply online or call Susie on 0131 344 4790 for further information.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news daily on Twitter (@beIT) and LinkedIn