Be-IT is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for a Graduate Technical Writer who will work closely with development team(s) either physically or virtually embedded, testers and other writers. The technical writer’s role will be to gather information from various sources including stakeholders, subject matter experts and pre-release software, and to produce a variety of content and information deliverables.
This role involves participation in the entire software development process from start to finish.
In addition to working with other teams, this individual will contribute towards the delivery and ongoing maintenance of our clients Workforce Optimization suite information offering, including content
Ideally this role will be well suited from someone from an English/Literature/Journalism background.
Extracts relevant technical information from various sources such as exiting product information, SMEs, product requirements and identifies areas of rework or proposes new content requirements. Provides usability feedback when appropriate. Delivers technically accurate, clear and concise material. Analyses complex technical material while taking into consideration user tasks in order to identify suitable content deliverables. Works in an agile-scrum environment and adheres to development sprints
Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task while adhering to project schedules. Effectively research, plan and schedule tasks for more than one stream of work for a product delivery. May consult with senior peers on certain projects while also having the ability to work independently. Ability to get the required information by working with feature leads, product information team members, and subject matter experts
Familiarity with topic-based writing and single-sourcing. Ability to use source control tools and content management repositories. Understands the requirements and knowledge levels of the end users and authors the content accordingly. Development of content for context.
Experience and Skills
- A degree in a discipline that is applicable for entry to the technical communications profession or relevant practical experience.
- Ability to work both independently and with guidance.
- An interest in object oriented software development and object oriented software development terminology is desirable.
- Knowledge of Madcap Flare is desirable
- Displays ability to work within technical teams and writing teams concurrently, and can manage own delivery schedule
- Possesses analytical and project management skills with the ability to
- prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Knowledge of content authoring tools such as Mad Cap Flare
- Knowledge of graphic tools such as SnagIt, Photoshop, Visio etc.
- Experience of delivering technical writing content.
- Works under general supervision while being independent.
- Adheres to modern technical communication best practices
- Complies to internal writing and style guidelines
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn