Be-IT's client is a highly successful and forward thinking company working with an enviable client portfolio and has an excellent reputation for producing world class software solutions. Working from their state-of-the-art R&D facility you will join a team of technical experts that prides itself on delivering top quality technical results for clients.
Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include Software and Hardware Design Engineers and System Test Engineers. The teams work closely with Sales and Marketing, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hardware NPI Design Engineer to join our R&D team. Reporting to the Hardware Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the successful transfer of NPI hardware designs from R&D to manufacturing, identifying and implementing solutions to increase the manufacturability and test coverage of hardware products. You will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to deliver new products and enhancements to our existing portfolio.
The successful candidate will be experienced and able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment and enjoy working on leading edge designs.
- Working with the R&D teams, taking designs through the NPI lifecycle to ensure successful manufacturability and test.
- Identifying and implementing solutions to increase the test coverage of hardware designs.
- Ensure the requirements between R&D and manufacturing are defined and implemented.
- Debugging and solving issues at both a board and instrument level.
- Implementing design changes as a result of component supply chain issues.
- Estimating and delivering to timescales based on an outline of the requirements.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject.
- Proven schematic design experience – preferably with OrCAD.
- Experience of developing test scripts using C/C++ or Python languages.
- Experience of designing multi-layer PCBs.
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team.
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment.
- VHDL design.
- Knowledge of FPGA's.
- JTAG BSCAN test development.
- Proven experience of manufacturing and testing high density complex products.
Please call Alastair Philp directly on 0131 344 4792 for immediate consideration or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In