Be-IT are working in partnership with a global technology, digital transformation and IT outsourcing consultancy to appoint a key hire - their Head of IT Operations for the UK division. This role is accountable for the day-to-day running of technology operations, to ensure that technology performance is best in class and achieves the highest level of service.
In this role, you will provide leadership in managing technology operations to support mission-critical products and services including data centres, servers, networks, and unified communications. You will be responsible for leading, motivating, inspiring, and coaching the technology people in the team required to meet the operational objectives and develop the team to provide in-depth technical expertise. The role will work closely with the Head of Engineering to implement automation and reduce manual processes to allow the function to operate at a large scale.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have demonstrated ability in the following:
- Effective leadership of a team of technical people to provide a best-in-class technology operational service.
- Ensuring technology services and Infrastructure are managed professionally, maintain uptime at the highest levels in line with business requirements and ensure all defined KPIs and SLAs are met.
- Manage key relationships and provide excellent senior-level relationships. Effectively manage the performance of any external partners involved in providing the operational service.
- Manage your area of control and responsibility within agreed financial budgets and actively reduce costs.
- Proven experience in leading and growing infrastructure teams in the area of Data Centres.
- Practical skill, knowledge, and experience in troubleshooting major industry-standard platforms from Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, HP and other specialist applications or security products.
- Proven experience in reaching agreements in large organizations with multiple stakeholders.
- Inspirational Leadership skills.
- Proven experience with operating within the ITIL framework.
In return, you will receive an excellent salary of up to £80,000 p/a, plus a 10% bonus and an amazing pension & benefits package.
For more information please apply, or contact Euan at Be-IT at email@example.com / 0131 344 4802.