As head of Security Operations, you will be responsible for developing and leading a high performing Security Operations function. This role will report directly to the CISO and oversee Threat & Vulnerability Management and Detection & Response functions within the business.
The Head of Security Operations will:
- Be accountable for delivery of Security Operations services across the organisation
- Engage with the wider business to understand the risks and threats to the business and use this to inform requirements for the Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Develop a hybrid SOC with the people, processes and technologies required to detect and respond to sophisticated cyber security threats across all technologies used by the company
- Drive cultural change to ensure that detection and monitoring is a key consideration when new applications, services and infrastructure are developed
- Collaborate with cyber strategy and architecture functions to maintain an ongoing Security Operations strategy to align with business objectives
Key strength areas
- Strong operational delivery capability, internally and via 3rd party providers
- Strategic vision to provide leadership and direction to develop best in class Security Operations capability
- Significant collaboration and stakeholder management across the organisation
This is an exciting opportunity to join a business undergoing significant change, take a key role in a large-scale multi-million pound security transformation programme and develop a high performing Security Operations function for the business
The candidate should have a proven track record of:
- Leading operational capability delivering services in a large corporate environment
- Leading a significant programme, project or strategic initiative
- Working in cross-functional teams as part of significant transformational project
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills and an ability to build relationships across a wider business
- Influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Delivering persuasive messages with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Managing cyber security incidents and effectively working under pressure
The candidate should also have significant experience and understanding of cyber security, preferably including:
- Designing and building SOCs.
- Using cyber security frameworks.
- Working within threat and vulnerability management and detection and response functions.
If you are a Head of Security Operations and looking for your next move within an organisation that will offer excellent salary and benefits, including bonus and flexible working, then get in touch with Simon Allen to discuss. Simon.firstname.lastname@example.org