A Global Financial Software Delivery organisation are looking for an Infrastructure Architect in Edinburgh. The company are in the middle of a landmark programme and are now looking for increase their permanent headcount to manage software upgrades and maintenance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and architecting solution which keep the company’s platform in compliance with software currency, in compliance with policy standards and using industry standard solution patterns. You will also tale lead in protecting the platform as it is migrated into new data centres.
Skills and Experience required
Scope of architecture responsibility spans
- Linux and Microsoft Windows based solutions
- Microsoft Server Architecture and Design
- SQL Server
- Application Servers
- IBM p-Series
- Architecting experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows (2008+) based solutions (custom development and/or Windows packages), Microsoft Server Architecture and Design, SQL Server, SharePoint, Application Servers (IBM WebSphere Application Server, JBOSS, Tomcat Server), IBM p-Series, Connect Direct, SFTP, Storage & Archive, Networking (MPLS, TCP/IP, Load Balancing, Firewalls etc)
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations and technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation, communicate architectural information to non-technical audiences
- Strong leadership skills.
- Implement technical governance to ensure consistency and accuracy of all technical design
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- Understanding of network architecture.
- Ability to understand the long and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives.
- Significant experience of delivering complex High Availability technical solutions and designs.
- Experience of working with 3rd party suppliers.
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure technologies, ITIL best practise processes & procedures
- Hands on build and configuration experience of IBM MQ, IBM WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, VMWare.
- Strong understanding of full SDLC, including infrastructure.
If this role would be of interest or know anyone who would be suited, then please apply or get in touch at email@example.com