Infrastructure Engineer - Glasgow
Have you strong experience in cloud technologies and desire to work in an Azure focussed role? Would you be open to working in role that covers both devops and infrastructure support duties? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing’s client has role in growing team based in Glasgow city centre. You will join a technical, multi-disciplined team supporting cloud and data centre technologies. This role will be split between providing support and development of core IT platforms as well as working with software team in a “DevOps” capacity. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to act in a traditional “3rd line” support capacity and help support the technical development of others within the department.
Role will involve;
- Ensuring operational efficiency by developing automated processes for both cloud and on premises workloads.
- Proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance ensuring systems are secure, performant and resilient.
- Development of the IT infrastructure and cloud environments, identifying and implementing new technologies and services.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd line support ensuring the delivery of an efficient and effective service to the end-users.
- Provide expert knowledge and support to software engineering and other technical teams.
- Maintenance and improvement of compliance / regulatory controls
We are considering candidates with:
- A passion for technology and excellent organisation and planning, communication and analytics skills
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment supporting and contributing to agile software delivery.
- Strong skills with Microsoft data centre and Windows Server with experience in Azure essential.
- Experience of virtualisation technologies essential, Hyper-V preferred.
- Experience of SAN technologies essential, with NetApp preferred.
- Automation skills essential, PowerShell, Azure CLI, JSON preferred.
If you want the chance to use your skills and experience in a supportive and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.