Newcastle - Office based
In this role, you'll help create, develop and maintain the client’s standard operating environment images (operating system, common applications base layers and platforms) for use on physical / virtual servers and desktops / laptops and mobile devices.
This will involve analysing the initial requirements, creating the OS installation, including any relevant patches/fixes and configuring the OS to the client’s needs. Post roll out it will be necessary to investigate and rectify faults on the build both by including the change on the next build but also rolling this change out to the existing estate (by following predefined defined processes).
Key responsibilities and typical activities will include:
- Creation of the SOEs. Operating Systems
- Development of the SOEs. Operating Systems
- Own and maintain and Deploy the SOEs to Large Organisations. Operating Systems
- Fault Finding and Resolution
- Identification, analysis and testing of Patches
- Identifying the impact of technical changes to or affecting the SOE to an operational level.
- Provide 3rd line support to client support teams for the SOE when required.
- Documentation of the builds and following best practices and existing process’s
Experience - Essential
- Desktop/Server Deployment Experience
- Experience of the development of standard O/S builds for Desktop or Server.
- In-depth Knowledge of Desktop O/S’s – XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Microsoft MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit)
- Experience of Windows Toolkits (WAIK, ADK)
- Experience using Windows PE
- In-depth Experience using Microsoft SCCM 2007, 2012
- In-depth Experience of Creating Task Sequences
- Experience scripting automated installations (vb / Powershell)
- Experience working in a multi-platform environment (physical, VMWare and HyperV)
- Knowledge of Server O/S’s – Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- Experience working in a 2nd/3rd level support environment (at least 18 month’s experience).
- Hardware Familiarity (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets and Servers).
If this role sounds like it would be of interest to you and you have the required experience, please apply below or get in touch at email@example.com.