Do you want to work for an IT company in Edinburgh who are currently going through an exciting period of growth and are looking to expand the small but dedicated team? Do you want to work for a company that has a clear business plan for the years ahead, both for you and the organisation? If this appeals to you so far then read on below!
The key duties of the Infrastructure Engineer will be to provide remote and telephone support, as well as on-site support for client networks and applications.
You will mainly be covering central Scotland from the office base in Edinburgh, providing 2nd and 3rd line support, project implementation, and assisting on improving internal technical processes / internal systems.
We are looking for someone who is willing to invest into growing their role and the company itself.
The ideal Engineer will have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, manage own workload and react quickly to urgent issues
- Experience in identifying and improving gaps in procedures
- Experience in project planning from concept to completion
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to own a problem
- Relevant IT qualifications is beneficial
- A genuine interest in emerging technologies is required
Key technical skills:
- Experience of Mac, PC and server hardware troubleshooting and problem solving
- Supporting mobile devices (Apple iPhones / iPads, Android phones / tablets
- Excellent knowledge and experience of virtualisation technologies – VMware / Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows Server technologies and Active Directory
- Excellent Microsoft Office 365 experience – ability to complete a basic Office 365 migration from start to finish is essential
- Excellent networking skills (TCP/IP, VLANs, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience of complex networks, firewalls and routing and VPN’s
- Experience of securing endpoints, servers, gateways, and Cloud applications
- Starting salary is up £50k per annum depending on experience and qualifications, with review after 6 months and annually thereafter. Excellent opportunities for growth – both in technical or commercial areas over the longer term with options for paid overtime and a development budget to make sure you keep up with training and certifications. You will also get healthcare benefits included.
Edinburgh City Centre, Permanent, Salary up to £50,000
If you are a Infrastructure Engineer looking for your next permanent opportunity, then get in touch with Simon Allen to discuss. Simon.email@example.com