Instructional Designer and Content Developer - eLearning
Be-IT Resourcing is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for an Instructional Designer & Content Developer which will have a mixture of Instructional Design and Technical Writing responsibilities. The developer will analyze, design, and develop learning materials as well as technical content for the documentation library.
The developer will partner closely with key stakeholders to develop engaging content, with a focus on digital learning methods. The developer will be responsible for analyzing learning needs, design and develop learning solutions, as well as measuring and reporting on learning effectiveness.
In addition, the developer will write technical content using MadCap Flare and support the
Key Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience developing eLearning resources (preferably for a global technology organization).
- Able to quickly learn new tools and technologies in a production environment.
- Proven skills with eLearning Software (ideally Articulate Storyline 2 or 360, Techsmith Camtasia, and Adobe Captivate).
- Experience with MadCap Flare.
- Familiar with relevant content packaging formats including SCORM and AICC and Learning Management Systems.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and contemporary design aesthetic with the ability develop compelling and informative images to help clarify highly technical concepts is desirable.
- Experience developing accessible eLearning resources based on global standards (WCAG and Section 508) is desirable
- Design and develop interactive, effective, and engaging HTML5- and SCORM-compliant learner-centered online course components using Articulate Storyline 2 and 360
- Conduct needs analysis to identify learning objectives, develop learning content, and drive evaluation and assessment strategies ensuring a successful learning experience
- Partner with peer instructional designers on their projects and programs that need to be turned into e-learning
- Write and maintain documentation deliverables (e.g., online help, job aids) using Madcap Flare
- Develop graphics for use in communications and training deliverables, to include icons, info graphics, website images, PowerPoint presentations, and other design deliverables
- Stay on top of e-learning trends and ensure that software skills are up to date; assist peer developers by sharing knowledge and skills
- Work with management to incorporate learning into release management and change management as part of the software development life cycle.
- Support rapid eLearning development by collaborating on development of custom templates that include common design elements and interactivity
- lease apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn