Be-IT are looking for a candidate who can manage and protect our client’s IT infrastructure, has a good knowledge of server management and can also offer first line support when required to solve IT related issues.
The successful applicant will enjoy a high level of autonomy and will need excellent personable skills in order to fit into a relatively small operating and support team.
Role and responsibilities
- Knowledge of virtualisation Hyper V and experience of working with Hyper V Technologies (Building virtual machines, replica and extended replica
- Ability to spec, configure and build servers, primarily focused on Microsoft OS
- Excellent problem-solving skills in relation to group policy, routers, applications, WSUS, SQL (2012) and servers
- Management of approximately 100 Windows 7/10 PCs located in the operation including MS Office
- Management of Meraki firewalls and access points
- Management of anti-virus (Kaspersky) and Retrospect policy
- Ability to embrace new technology and implement as required
- Provide first line support where required and be prepared to offer onsite support where required
- Ability to lead and implement IT projects
- Ability to liaise with third parties
Skills and Knowledge
- IT qualifications – degree qualified and/or Microsoft accredited certification (MCSA, MCSE)
- Experience of Office 365 and cloud technologies
- Understanding of networking – including DNS, DHCP (Meraki), VPN, NAS, TCPIP
- Knowledge of Sharepoint is desirable
- Excellent understanding of server operating systems – 2012, 2012R & 2008R2 essential
- Helpdesk support: 10%
- Maintenance program: 20%
- Developing Systems 70%
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn