Are you passionate about IT security? Would you enjoy role with chance to learn from other experienced security professionals in a progressive, employee focused environment that has real commitment to training? Then this is a role you want to have discussion about!
You will join talented network security team in company with offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow. You will bring the passion required to develop a career within security infrastructure. You will have some experience implementing security and networking infrastructure, as well as sound document authoring skills. Experience of working in an Agile environment would be beneficial as would the ability to work in partnership with industry leading technology providers such as Microsoft to deliver projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Respond to service request tickets that relate to network and security infrastructure
- Assist in driving forward IT strategy in relation to networking and security infrastructure.
- Technical involvement in scoping, researching, vendor selection, implementation, configuration, documentation and roll out of strategic infrastructure technologies – working with industry leading vendors;
- Proactively monitoring the performance of the firm’s network and security infrastructure, taking pre-emptive action based on this information;
- To work with fellow team members and the IT Network & Security Manager to build strategic partnerships and relationships with key vendors and suppliers;
- To evaluate emerging technologies in the marketplace and to a business case for adoption where tangible benefits can be brought to the firm;
- Continuous improvement – to drive through identified improvements and/or additional controls and procedures as necessary to sustain our ISO-27001 Information Security accreditation;
Skills and personal characteristics
- Degree in IT and relevant experience in networking and security
- Ideally one of the following Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, Checkpoint - CCSA, CCSE, Cisco – CCNA, CEH, Security +, Network +, Information Security management (ISO-27001).
- Exposure to as many of the following as possible; Firewalls, DLP, Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Management, Proxy Server, PKI Infrastructure, Remote Access/VPN, Secure File Transfer, Email Gateways, Load Balancers, WAN Infrastructure, WAN optimisation, Unified Communications (Skype, SIP, AudioCodes), Microsoft (Server, Hyper V, PowerShell, etc), Virtualization, Azure, Office 365
Please apply online for immediate consideration or call Freddie Kydd at Be-IT Resourcing for a confidential conversation.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.