Be-IT are delighted to be partnering with a finance giant on the look out for talented software engineers to join the team.
You will be working in one of the biggest teams globally right here in the heart of Glasgow. We are looking for Software Engineers ranging from Associate to Vice President level.
We are looking for Strong Java Developers who come from a STEM background.
All successful applicants will have a degree in Computer Science or related subjects – Mathematics, Physics etc.
The team in which you will be working is dealing directly with equity swap hedges which account for over 80% of overall trade in the stock market.
This role is not only that of hands-on coding but with elements of client facing – you will be dealing directly with traders or their representatives regularly.
- Core server-side Java including Data Structures and Concurrency
- Spring, JUnit
- Relational Databases (Sybase and/or DB2 is preferable) with ability to write SQL queries
- Understanding of message-based architectures
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills
- Full SDLC experience and understanding
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
- Knowledge and desire to use agile software development practices
- JMS (especially IBM MQ)
- Mongo DB
- Knowledge of a range of common Open Source libraries used in Java development
- Database performance tuning
- Python/Perl/Shell scripting
- Financial domain knowledge (eg Equities)
What's in it for you?
Excellent Salaries & Benefits Packages
Hybrid & Flexible working