Are you a Java developer with experience of J2EE and creating Java web applications? Are you seeking an opportunity to join a dynamic, growing, global company? If you have a significant development experience and a passion for the latest technologies? Then read on this may be the role for you.
About the Company
You will join a company with an established market position which provides a remarkable number of logistic services, with operations all over the UK and offices in a number of locations internationally. Proud of the service quality and customer care provided – this company has earned a recognition and trust of its clients all over the UK and beyond.
You will work alongside the development team and global IT manager, to develop web based application using Java and Spring. You need to demonstrate strong skills with Java and associated languages, have a keen eye for new technologies and strong problem solving skills. This is to work on a digital transformation project which is just about to kick off so an exciting time to join
- Java design and development that includes working with Core Java and J2EE
- Experience with Tomcat (or other application servers), Eclipse is required.
- Understanding of database management system concepts. Must be comfortable writing SQL queries.
- Experience with version control is required.
- Ability to develop modular and reusable code components following best practices and standards.
- Ability to work on both back end and front end development
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools such as Jenkin /TeamCity and Test Driven Development is a plus.
- A creative and independent thinker who can work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ensure product requirements adhere to overall development best practices & existing AMI standards in their format, documentation, communication and implementation as directed by the Team Leader or Manager
- Provide unit testing to ensure quality builds in a continuous integration environment in support of a zero defect culture
- Experience with high volume transaction processing design and development
- Have an understanding that most requirements will be driven by the business and also feel comfortable to liaise directly with the users.
It would be advantageous if you had knowledge of ReactJS/Redux, Docker or swagger or an interest in these technologies.
On top of the competitive salary, our client offers an excellent career growth opportunity, an ongoing professional training and excellent working environment, together with an attractive employee benefits package, i.e. 25% bonus, pension and more.
For an informal discussion, please call Susie Toner on 0131 344 4790. To apply, please email your CV to Susie.email@example.com.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @TonerSusie ) and Linked In (Be-IT Resourcing).