Our client is an industry leading multi-sector service provider with over 17,000 employees and offices in 50 countries globally. Due to the success of their software development division in Glasgow, Scotland, they wish to expand and build the software development team further with multiple new hires. Voted as one of the Glassdoor top 10 companies to work for the UK 2017 based on current employee feedback we would highly recommend you apply early for this role to be considered.
Package: Industry leading base salary up to £45,000 + bonus and an extensive range of company benefits, work from home options and flex hours / enhanced holidays and many more. Easily one of the best combined packages available.
Job type: Full-time / Permanent
About the Role
Your will working within a team that will develop and support complex software systems for clients throughout the UK. Within the team, you will work within a structured environment which promotes the delivery of quality software to the company’s clients, and provides a framework for your continued growth. You will have the opportunity to be mentored by a talented technical team, who will set and support you in meeting challenging goals, ensuring your continued learning and development. The role will include working directly with company clients, remotely and on-site, allowing you to gain insight to our client’s business and provide the opportunity to contribute innovation to our solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsive for:
- Design, implementation and testing of high-quality software
- Liaison with customers to establish requirements, coordinate work and provide support
- Production of design, test and user documentation
- Occasional support and monitoring of live systems
- Some aspects of this job will require occasional work outside normal office hours, or on UK client sites, so flexibility is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of, and extensive experience with Object Oriented Design
- Experience with formal design, coding, review, configuration management and testing processes
- Highly motivated to learn fast and add value to our development team.
- Be able to communicate effectively both in-person and via telephone, email and documentation.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and drive in carrying out tasks, constantly seeking improvement
- Have an aptitude for problem solving
- Be a team player and provide a positive contribution to our strong culture
- Have an aptitude for mentoring more junior staff on technical matters
- Spring (application framework)
- Liaising with clients and/or end-users
- Sybase RDBMS
- Subversion (Source-control)
- JIRA (issue tracking)
For further information on this vacancy, please apply via the link below or contact Tony Baker in complete confidence on 0141 370 9920.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.