A well-known Financial Services organisation are about to embark on one of biggest UK digital transformation projects of the year. As a result, there is a need for talented Java Developers to join their Edinburgh city centre offices on a permanent basis
We are looking for team players, who enjoy collaboration and want to act as an advocate for our product technology, someone who enjoys experimenting with new technology’s and solving tech problems using the latest technologies and above all candidates who actively reduce complexity and look for pragmatic outcomes.
Tech skills should include:
- A Software Engineering background and knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- An understanding of the application stack, along with some exposure to technologies such as Java, Struts, JSP, Junit, JAX-WS, Node.js and XML as well as knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of IBM WebSphere WAS, Splunk, JSF and C / C++ would also be an advantage.
- Agile working methods – sprint delivery, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Good working knowledge of containerisation – e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Hosting
- A strong desire to learn and focus on progressing your career in a Java environment.
To be successful in the role there must be a demonstrable track record in Java development. Financial services experience is not necessary, just a keen desire to work on interesting projects, using the latest Java technologies in a working environment that is second to none.
This is an exciting time to join an organisation who are completing restructuring their business model bringing their application development in house.
Please apply online or contact Susie Toner 0131 344 3790 for further detail