Junior Software Engineer - Java – Glasgow/Remote
Permanent - Full-Time
The Software Engineer will participate fully in all our R&D activities. They will be involved in the design, development, and the implementation of web based applications. The Software Engineer will work within the engineering team in order to develop new product features, identify and resolve quality issues and handle product support requests.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with various debugging tools within Java, web and SQL environments.
- Experience of working in both legacy and greenfield codebases.
- Experience of writing clean, readable and maintainable code.
- Development experience with: Java, SQL
- Experience of working with Java Spring frameworks
- Knowledge of Java web application containers, e.g. Weblogic
- Experience of Chrome dev tools
- Knowledge of API development, particularly REST, and tools such as Postman
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience of version control systemsExperience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience of continuous integration systems
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility concerns
Please Apply Online