Permanent - Full-Time
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a JuniorSoftware Engineer who will participate fully in all the companies R&D activities. They will be involved in the development and support of Engagement Management product releases.
The Graduate Software Engineer will work within the engineering team in order to develop new product features, identify and resolve quality issues and handle product support requests.
You will develop key skills and knowledge of clients, identify related components and check for completeness of solutions, seeking assistance where required. Ensure quality of the feature being delivered, testing its functionality before it is verified, guaranteeing everything working properly before final release.
You will promote new functionality to team and wider audience, consult with product management and quality assurance for clarification of requirements and timescales and develop product enhancements within agreed timescales.
Throughout your time as a Junior Software Engineer, you will participate in team meetings, participate in internal departmental activities – API / build reviews and participate in external departmental activities - University / industry engagements.
You'll be expected to have –
- Experience of working with Java, C++ or .NET development
- Experience of object oriented principles and design patterns
- Experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git
- Experience of software debugging
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Experience of a Linux operating system
- Knowledge of JEE or .Net
- Knowledge of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
- Knowledge of web application development
- Knowledge of unit testing and TDD
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems
- Knowledgeof cross-browser compatibility concerns
If you think you would be well suited to this role and it's of interest, feel free to apply or send an updated copy of your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org