Junior Software Engineer - Glasgow
Permanent - Full-Time
Salary - up to £30,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Junior Software Engineer who will participate fully in all the companies R&D activities. They will be involved in the development and support of Engagement Management product releases.
The Junior Software Engineer will work within the engineering team in order to develop new product features, identify and resolve quality issues and handle product support requests.
You will develop key skills and knowledge of clients, identify related components and check for completeness of solutions, seeking assistance where required. Ensure quality of the feature being delivered, testing its functionality before it is verified, guaranteeing everything working properly before final release. You will promote new functionality to team and wider audience, consult with product management and quality assurance for clarification of requirements and timescales and develop product enhancements within agreed timescales.
Throughout your time as a junior software engineer, you will participate in team meetings, participate in internal departmental activities – API / build reviews and participate in external departmental activities - University / industry engagements.
You'll be expected to have -
- At least 1 years commercial experience
- Understanding of both web client side and server side development;
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience of software development within a team
- Experience of version control systems e.g. Subversion, CVS, Git
- Experience of software debugging
- Experience of root cause analysis
- Experience of a Windows operating system
- Experience of unit testing and TDD
- Experience of continuous integration systems
- Understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- Understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
If you think you would be well suited to this role and it's of interest, feel free to apply or send an updated copy of your C.V to email@example.com.