Be-IT Resourcing is very proud to representing one of Northern Ireland’s most exciting international IT services organisations which has one of the most positive and enjoyable working cultures and environments in the financial technology sector. This organisation first opened their Belfast offices in 2014 with significant backing from InvestNI and was welcomed into the prosperous Northern Ireland IT community. To date, they have increased their headcount year on year by over 100% and this is set to continue for the foreseeable future.
What makes them different as an employer?
What sets this employer aside from many others is the potential you have as an employee for rapid career advancement coupled with a great work environment. With offices in London, New York, Singapore and Hong Kong to name just a few, you will have fully paid opportunities to visit and work in some of the most desirable cities in the world.
The core of their business evolves around providing cutting edge managed infrastructure and software services to their global client base. This means you will be constantly getting exposure to new technology through new and existing clients which will significantly increase your career portfolio for potential future opportunties within the company and externally. They already have partnerships with every major leading technology provider globally.
Leadership: This is where our client really comes into their own. Their Belfast management team have an extensive track history in the Northern Ireland IT market and are known by many as true leaders and innovators in this sector. They fully understand that the value of their company is directly related to the quality of their professional IT staff and the service they subsequently provide to their customers. They listen to their staff needs and requirements unconditionally, make the right investments in training and resources to ensure that your day to day work is really enjoyable. Cultural affinity and firm fit is a big part of who they are. You are your environment and this one has some of brightest, talented individuals in the province.
• Support and scale server infrastructure for production and internal environment.
• Member of team managing always-on, multi-site infrastructure.
• Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure.
• Assist with capacity planning for all aspects of the infrastructure.
• Ensure that all projects and infrastructure are properly documented.
• Design, implement and operate a scalable and reliable system infrastructure supporting fast growth.
• Perform daily maintenance activities.
Skills and Qualifications Required
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Unix (Red Hat, Solaris or Linux) systems administration environment
• Previous experience with Jumpstart (Solaris) or Kickstart (Linux)
• Basic LAN/WAN and TCP/IP troubleshooting skills
• Basic script writing experience (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
• Basic storage/SAN administration experience.
• A willingness to travel with the teams – for this role it’s a real bonus (ask us why!)
For an informal discussion, please call Tony Baker on 0141 343 8350 (Glasgow) or 02895214076 (Belfast). To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.