Are you an experienced software developer with interest in architecture and design? Would you enjoy role getting involved in very early stages of greenfield projects then staying involved until delivery? Do you have interest in SOLID principles and clean code? Then this is a role you want to have discussion about!
You will join talented Agile software team in company with offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow. You will be working on the development of complex Insight and Analytics products in financial services sector. You will be an experienced developer able to contribute to the design and development of applications. You will maintain “hands on” development with opportunity to play key role in architectural and technical design decisions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing applications in close consultation with users.
- Providing guidance on the overall technical architecture of the team’s solutions.
- Producing functional, technical and design documentation where necessary.
- Lead code and design reviews
- Confident in software development and design
- Keeping abreast of the latest tools, techniques and best practice in software engineering and helping the team adopt best practice as appropriate.
Skills and personal characteristics
- Motivated self-starter, able to demonstrate genuine passion and drive
- Hands on experience with as many as possible of the following: ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, C#, F#, R, Azure cloud and associated technologies, web services architecture, single sign-on design and implementation, object-oriented design patterns, Microservices, CQRS, API’s, SQL Server/Transact SQL.
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment supporting and contributing to agile software delivery essential.
- Exposure to financial modelling.
- Able to translate end user/stakeholder requirements into detailed technical/architectural specifications when appropriate and in turn into robust solutions.
- Strong experience of technical and architectural design with large-scale web applications.
- Proven ability to articulate technical concepts efficiently with senior stakeholders.
Please apply online for immediate consideration or call Freddie Kydd at Be-IT Resourcing for a confidential conversation.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.