Lead DevOps Engineer – Linux - Scotland
Are you an IT professional passionate about DevOps looking for a role where you can use cutting edge technologies on major projects? Do you have excellent Linux experience and desire to use skills in large and complex environment? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
Be-IT Resourcing is working with one of Scotland’s biggest, fastest moving and complex technology organisations to source a Lead DevOps Engineer. This is a rare opportunity to join large team providing key services and solutions in market leading organisation and will offer excellent further career and skill development.
- Lead DevOps technical design and delivery as the Technical Design Authority for assigned programmes and platform deliverables, driving best practice, aligning to and updating platform standards while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- Drive technology and software development best practices with passion and enthusiasm continually evolving our capabilities by leading collaboration with and mentoring other team members.
- Design, build and maintain development tools and infrastructure owning planning, estimation & tasks while automating processes to improve development and release workflows.
- Establish and execute best practice to ensure systems are stable, secure and compliant while providing efficient production support and issue resolution.
- Provide dynamic development, stage and production environments while supporting our development teams to ensure they have the best facilities, researching and leading technical proof of concepts to drive the platform forward.
We are considering candidates with some, or all, of the following:
- Worked in enterprise scale operations environments using Scrum and Agile at a Senior or Lead Level.
- Excellent Linux administration skills a coupled with a sound knowledge of monitoring solutions.
- A track record of implementing and supporting of a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools, such as Ansible, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Jenkins, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Istio.
- Ability to code and script in multiple languages and strong experience of using and supporting automation toolsets
- A sound understanding of networking principles
- A proven focus on business outcomes and strong mentoring/leadership skills to help others succeed.
If you want the chance to progress your career in a highly technical and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.