Lead Full-Stack Developer – React, Node
Fantastic salary paying up to £80,000 + unrivalled benefits package
A well-known Financial Services organisation are about to embark on one of biggest UK digital transformation projects of the year. As a result, there is a need for talented Full-Stack Developers to join their Edinburgh city centre offices on a permanent basis.
We are looking for team leaders, who enjoy pushing boundaries to produce high quality, efficient and impactful outcomes within a forward-thinking engineering culture. As a Full-Stack Developer you will be able to shape the way the client designs, builds, tests and deploys using the latest technology.
As Full-Stack Developer you will:
- Manage projects and teams
- Write modular, well tested front-end applications
- Contribute to setting the strategic direction for how front-end applications are developed within the team
- Ensure software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community
- Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
- Mentor and develop junior front-end engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback, whilst creating opportunities for learning and growth
- Create focus on delivering business value through industry standard engineering methods and principles
- Ensure front-end applications are fast, secure and work across all manner of devices and viewports
As Full-Stack Developer you will have:
- Understanding of the entire application stack, deep and broad knowledge, and significant exposure to modern web technologies, especially; Node.js, HTML5, CSS3 and REACT.js
- Have a strong understanding of source code repositories and change management tools (Git, JIRA)
- Previous experience in an enterprise environment with automated build/test/release processes, source code management (Git) and change-management (JIRA)
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle from design, build to production
- Experience in building high-performing and secure front-end code
- Previous experience with large-scale development projects
To be successful in the role there must be a demonstrable track record in Full-Stack development. Financial services experience is not necessary, just a keen desire to work on interesting projects, using the latest technologies in a working environment that is second to none.
This is an exciting time to join an organisation who are completing restructuring their business model bringing their application development in house.
Please apply online or contact Simon Allen on 0131 344 4795 for further details