Are you an experienced Java Developer looking for next challenge? Would you like to join a growing software house based in central Edinburgh to work on development projects with global client base? Would you welcome opportunity to technically lead projects and mentor other developers? If so you may want more detail on this opportunity.
Skills and Experience:
- Computing focussed degree and proven commercial experience in dynamic environment
- Proficient in Java
- Understanding of Jira and/or Source Control
- Understanding of Agile methodology
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Pro-active approach and an interest in technology progression
You will be an enthusiastic professional, keen to work on intriguing and challenging projects in a fast-paced but 'relaxed' environment. You will be comfortable working on your own, as part of a team and where required, with clients.
You will be comfortable engaging with people, discussing requirements, plans, project progressions and challenges. You will be comfortable suggesting improvements be that new technologies or having identified areas of concern or problems.
You will be responsible for:
- Working on internal and external projects across the entire SDLC using Java
- Engaging with customers providing progress reports and updates as-and-when required
- Working with internal teams to ensure accurate specifications and delivery to agreed SLAs
- Providing post-deployment support where required, be that remotely or on-site
- Identifying external training needs
- Following of company processes and procedures
- Investigating new technologies and where suitable, offer this to the company as a solution/option
In addition to salary, there is the full range of benefits you’d expect from a company of this size and status.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @FreddieKydd) and Linkedin.