A well-known Financial Services organisation have embarked on one of biggest UK digital transformation projects of the year. As a result, there is a need for lead software engineer for their city centre offices in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
We are looking for a lead software engineer, who enjoys pushing boundaries to produce high quality, efficient and impactful outcomes within a forward-thinking engineering culture. As part of the leadership team, this role requires deep domain and technical expertise, coupled with a passion for coaching and developing your team. you will be able to shape the way the client designs, builds, tests and deploys using the latest technology.
Skills should include:
- Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
- History in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical leadership and setting the strategic direction across multiple teams
- Ideally previous experience or knowledge of IBM Mainframes
- Understanding of the entire application stack, deep and broad knowledge, with exposure to modern web technologies, such as Node.js, HTML5, CSS3 and REACT.js
- Experience across the entire SDLC from inception, through build to production
- Agile working methods – sprint delivery, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of containerisation – e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Hosting
- Passion for coaching other software engineers and building a strong team culture
As a member of the leadership team, you'll set strategic direction for how the client builds software within the teams, which includes tools, coding standards, quality controls, to ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and industry innovations that exist across the wider Engineering community.
Please apply online or contact Susie Toner 0131 344 3790 for further details
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry new on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In.