Network and Security Engineer – CCSA, ISO27001 - Edinburgh
Are you a Network and Security Engineer looking to move career forward in exciting new role with growing technology organisation in Edinburgh City centre? Would you like to increase your skills in an Infrastructure team investing in new cloud projects? Then you may want to find out more about this role.
To succeed in and enjoy this role you are likely to have a real passion for networking and security infrastructure and proven experience implementing networking and security infrastructure. You will enjoy working as a part of a team and be adept at communicating complex technical concepts to colleagues. Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment would be beneficial as would the ability to work in partnership with industry leading technology providers such as Microsoft to deliver projects.
Role will involve;
- Assist in driving forward the IT strategy, with a focus on networking and security infrastructure.
- Technical involvement in scoping, researching, vendor selection, implementation, configuration, documentation and roll out of strategic infrastructure technologies – working with industry leading vendors;
- Proactively monitoring the performance of the firm’s network and security infrastructure, taking pre-emptive action based on this information;
- Serve as technical specialist in troubleshooting and resolving network problems – keeping a cool head when there are issues that need to be resolved, using tools such as Wireshark to isolate problems effectively;
- Help manage the day to day running and configuration changes to the network and security infrastructure. Liaising with internal and external contacts where required to achieve success;
- To work with fellow team members and the IT Network & Security Manager to build strategic partnerships and relationships with key vendors and suppliers;
- Continuous improvement – to drive through identified improvements and/or additional controls and procedures as necessary to sustain our ISO-27001 Information Security accreditation;
- Respond to all service request tickets that relate to network and security infrastructure, and other associated infrastructure tickets.
We are considering candidates with:
- Degree in IT related subject
- In depth knowledge of communication, networking and security theory
- Some experience of Information Security management (ISO-27001).
The following IT Certifications would be advantageous:
- Microsoft – MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
- Checkpoint – CCSA, CCSE
- Cisco – CCNA
- Security +, Network +
Any experience in as many of the following also desirable
Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Management, DLP, Proxy Server, Networking Infrastructure, WAN Infrastructure, Unified Communications (Skype, SIP, AudioCodes), Microsoft (Server, Hyper V, PowerShell, etc), Virtualization, PKI Infrastructure, Mobile Device Management, Remote Access/VPN, Secure File Transfer, Email Gateways
If you want the chance to progress your career in a supportive and dynamic environment then apply for immediate consideration. Or to find out more please call Freddie Kydd.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies and industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.