Network and Security Engineer
Salary up to £45,000
Are you a Network and Security Engineer looking to move career forward in exciting new role with growing technology organisation in Edinburgh City centre?
We are looking for a Network and Security Engineer with proven experience implementing networking and security infrastructure. You will enjoy working as a part of a team and be adept at communicating complex technical concepts to colleagues.
As Network and Security Engineer you will:
- Assist in driving forward the IT strategy, with a focus on networking and security infrastructure
- Be involved in scoping, researching, vendor selection, implementation, configuration, documentation and roll out of strategic infrastructure technologies – working with industry leading vendors
- Proactively monitor the performance of the firm’s network and security infrastructure, taking pre-emptive action based on this information
- Serve as technical specialist in troubleshooting and resolving network problems using tools such as Wireshark to isolate problems effectively
- Help manage the day to day running and configuration changes to the network and security infrastructure
- Drive through identified improvements and/or additional controls and procedures as necessary to sustain our ISO-27001 Information Security accreditation
- Respond to all service request tickets that relate to network and security infrastructure, and other associated infrastructure tickets
The following IT Certifications would be advantageous:
- Microsoft – MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
- Checkpoint – CCSA, CCSE
- Cisco – CCNA
- Security +, Network +
Any of the following would be advantageous too:
- Degree in IT related subject
- In depth knowledge of communication, networking and security theory
- Some experience of Information Security management (ISO-27001).
As a Network and Security Engineer you should be familiar with some of the following:
Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Management, DLP, Proxy Server, Networking Infrastructure, WAN Infrastructure, Unified Communications (Skype, SIP, AudioCodes), Microsoft (Server, Hyper V, PowerShell, etc), Virtualization, PKI Infrastructure, Mobile Device Management, Remote Access/VPN, Secure File Transfer, Email Gateways
If you are a Network and Security Engineer who is looking for a new venture in Edinburgh where you will be kept up to date with the latest cloud technology, then get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org