Network & Systems Engineer - This role involves shift patterns
Be-IT Resourcing are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a Network & Systems Engineer who will provide the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of our client’s global network & systems.
Experience with infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VOIP, remote access and network management systems, servers, storage and virtualization are a must.
If this is you then keep on reading.
You will monitor and maintain network & systems performance and troubleshoot network & systems outages within specified SLA. Escalating critical incidents as necessary while keeping stakeholders informed. Configure, operate, and recommend improvements to network & systems infrastructure. Affirm traffic flow by routinely review and audit logs and configuration on an ongoing basis. Assist the level 3 Network or Systems Engineers with network troubleshooting, and architecture/topology design and implementation. Ensure proper documentation of processes, systems and configurations. Support the configuration, installation and testing of equipment, including custom hardware platforms by field technicians. Ensure optimal network & systems performance through detailed monitoring and analysis. Work with NOC to identify areas of improvements for NOC to troubleshoot and resolve. Performs occasional work outside standard business hours as part of an on-call rotation
- 3-5 years of hands on experience as a Systems Engineer
- 2-4 years of hands on experience as Networks Engineer Engineer
- Good experience with Linux
- Experience of Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Experience of Virtualisation
- Understanding of all network traffic and routing protocol
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN Environments (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Knowledge and experience working with Windows 2000/2003/2008 operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the administration and troubleshooting of Windows Server Platforms (platforms including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies and security controls)
At least one of the following:
- F5 (Big-IP LTM/APM)
- Experience with Quality of Service and Class of Service
- Experience with storage technology
- Experience using object orientated languages (C++/C#/Visual Basic or Java)
- Knowledge and experience of SQL Server, including installation, configuration, and development of database applications using complex SQL commands
About the Company
Be-IT Resourcing's client is a leading software company. Located in Glasgow and easily commutable from surrounding areas, this company offers an excellent opportunity and working conditions.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn