Are you an Operations Analyst with Unix skills looking for your next challenge? Would you like to move your career into the fast lane in one the most dynamic technology companies in Scotland? If so this role will offer you challenges and rewards that will take your career and skills to new levels, get in touch to discuss in further detail.
We are working with client keen to add Batch Operations Analyst to their Infrastructure Operations department. You will join team responsible for the design, test, implementation and support of batch scheduling services in a Unix based environment. This role consists of a wide variation of work from the delivery of major business critical projects to simple fixes and maintenance.
This will include;
- Building and maintaining a close and detailed understanding of batch schedules to ensure that the schedule of work can be successfully delivered
- Analysing technical documentation relating to planned changes and assess the likely impact on the daily workload
- Providing second line support, analysing client issues and trouble tickets and taking ownership of issue resolution and provide complete solutions
- Ensuring that support requests are efficiently logged and tracked through to resolution
- Updating scripts and support documentation to reflect changes
- Identifying and recommending actions to improve process to maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience working with large-scale systems
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Job Scheduling
- UNIX Commands
- UNIX Scripting
- Scheduling Tool experience (preferably Control-M)
- Customer focused with the ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively at all levels
About the Company
Technology driven organisation with offices across UK currently growing fast and actively strengthening IT team. They invest in very latest technologies and have forward thinking attitude to embracing latest ideas to enhance relationship with business. This role is in Central Scotland and will be working with talented team in environment that will challenge and reward. This is role suited to those passionate about technology eager to use problem solving skills to improve business processes.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV or apply online.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and @FreddieKydd) and Linked In.