Do you value teamwork and a work/life balance? Are you an Operations Team Lead who has a pragmatic approach to your work, constantly striving to deliver world class software solutions?
Working for our client will give you the chance to build a brilliant career in a forward-thinking organisation that offers a long list of benefits.
Be-IT is working in a close cooperation with a highly progressive and customer-focused software company that provides high-class cloud-based SaaS solutions to a sizeable and growing client base globally. Working from stunning offices in the heart of Edinburgh this company offers a friendly and progressive environment to work in.
Our clients Operations team consists of six talented engineers who are responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure that supports them and their many other production services. They have built an incredibly reliable and resilient infrastructure that underpins a fantastic experience for their happy customers. Their uptime over the past five years has averaged over 99.99% which is a testament to the team and the quality of the platform they have built.
We’re now looking for an empathetic senior operations/software engineer who has recent experience of leading and managing a similarly-sized team to come and join them as they look to scale the number of customers they are supporting in production to 100,000 and beyond.
The Operations team is part of our wider Platform Engineering group, and this position reports directly to the Head of Platform Engineering.
You will have started your career in software engineering and/or technical operations/infrastructure, gaining solid experience of building and supporting commercial web applications in production. More recently you will have focused on technical team leadership, from the line management and personal development of engineers, to the management of your team’s schedule and priorities.
- Coordinating and being involved in technical team discussions in order to help make decisions
- Working with your team and other team leads on prioritisation, unblocking bottlenecks, roadmap planning for future development cycles
- 1-1s with all your direct reports - we believe regular contact with your team members is essential, as is giving and receiving feedback
- Coaching, mentoring and developing high-performing engineers and helping them craft the perfect career path
- Hiring responsibilities - conducting interviews, reviewing applications and optimising our hiring journey
- Celebrating the team’s achievements!
About the stack
- The stack currently consists of Ruby on Rails, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch.
- They run their own private cloud infrastructure out of two co-located data centres in the UK. The infrastructure is virtualised using Triton on SmartOS and configuration managed with Puppet.
- They use S3, Lambda, Redshift and Kinesis on AWS and they expect to add an increasing number of services to AWS over time.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing and Link