As a Performance Engineer you will be a key member of the product development function, measuring the impact of enhancements to ensure they continually improve the user experience for their web platform used by 6 million registered customers. Additionally, you will be a real asset to their engineering teams, by providing them with the support to enable them to conduct effective performance testing early and regularly as part of their development lifecycle.
Working with a range of disciplines including developers, system architects and devops engineers, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and teach others.
If you like coming up with solutions for new problems, if you like to come up with new solutions for old problems, if you like to constantly develop and challenge your preconceptions - then this role is for you!
Characteristics of successful candidates
- Strong performance testing grounding with experience developing and implementing performance test strategies.
- Experience with testing and monitoring tools and performance load simulators
- Familiarity of an full scale production-like environment, particularly web, Java and Python technologies in a scalable, concurrent, high-availability enterprise.
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
- Knowledge of event-driven architecture and queueing services.
- Test automation scripting and iteration including test data management
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting performance test results
- Proven clear and confident communication skills, to convey information to non-technical
- The drive to constantly learn and improve
- Not being afraid to speak up and voice opinions
- Burning desire to help create great things
- Familiarity with principles of distributed systems and microservices
- Exposure to automation testing, either coding or designing tests
- Exposure to continuous integration concepts and tools (such as Jenkins and Puppet)
- A good understanding of cloud based architectures (we use AWS)
- Python coding experience, or other object oriented languages such as Java.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 370 9912