Be-IT are currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are seeking a QA Test Team Leader.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the effective day to day operation of a team of QA engineers driving, developing, and executing the QA strategy for each release. They need to manage the competing demands on finite team resources while removing any blockers to team progress. They will be responsible for the creation and maintaining a schedule for the team’s scope and available resources.
The role includes:
Leading and inspiring the team. Ensuring active engagement the rest of the R&D organization and maintaining an environment which is conducive to the team’s success and which aligns with departmental goals and working practices ensuring team members understand what the right thing to do is and that it is done. They are responsible for tracking the team’s delivery, reporting on progress to plan, managing the teams risks, issues and dependencies and balancing the competing demands being placed on the team.
The Team Leader will lead and inspire the delivery team providing direction to team members, managing resource assignments to work, managing the team’s backlog, planning in line with departmental horizons, reporting on the health of the team and providing key stakeholders with the appropriate information to make decisions on scope and timelines.
- Leads a team of direct and indirect reports.
- Assists with management decisions and activities.
- Supervises the work of individual contributors.
- Leads QA testing strategy based on business value and code coverage for assigned features or product areas by collaborating and innovating with other team members to design and execute both manual and automated tests.
- Works with global team to gather requirements and provide QA deliverables.
- Works closely with automation team on setting standards for automated test scripts for functional, integration, and system tests.
- Create and contribute to testing checklists, regression plans, and DOD (Definition of Done).
- Provide effective communication with geographically distributed team members.
- Escalate urgent issues and communicates risks to quality assurance management as needed.
- Must be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading QA resources involved in both manual and automated practices.
- Preferred to have some scripting experience if not coding.
- Knowledge of SQL databases and client server environments
- Must have strong analytical & logical skills, including troubleshooting skills.
- Has ability to understand the underlying software components and technologies of the product or feature in which automated tests are supporting.
- Operate under minimal supervision and is capable of independent action.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.