This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Automation Engineer to work with a global analytics company.
The Senior Automation Engineer is responsible for driving, developing, and executing the automation strategy for each release.
The engineer writes code to test code.
The Automation Engineer maintains knowledge of commonly used automation test concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Define automation testing strategy based on business value and code coverage for assigned features or product areas by collaborating and innovating with other team members to design, code, and execute automated tests.
- Write and maintain automation test scripts for functional, integration, and system tests.
- Create and maintain test harnesses or testing tools for API and service level tests.
- Create and maintain datasets and database environments required for Automation tests.
- Maintains and monitors test environments.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience within a software testing role using tools such as Selenium Web Driver or Bash Script or Ant Script
- Must be proficient with quality assurance processes with a clear understanding of leading automation practices.
- Experience and knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Strong coding skills are required, preferably C#, python, and/or Java.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases, including writing queries, designing tables, views, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Ability to understand the underlying software components and technologies of the product or feature in which automated tests are supporting.
- Experience with a test case management system, defect reporting system, version control system
- Experience with administering and installing software on unix environments
- Experience with database management systems
- Experience identifying test conditions from a test basis and generating and documenting test cases
- Experience with driving and promoting coding standards and best practices as a development process.
- Experience with one or more modern tools is preferred: Selenium, MSpec, SpecFlow, Fitnesse, Cucumber, Visual Studio Test Pro, GIT, SonarCube, or Jenkins.
Please apply online for immediate consideration