An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Test Engineer – Automation. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to implement the automation across this large financial services organisation.
Analyse User Stories & Requirements. Develop Test Plans and Scenarios and Cases. Prepare Test Data (when required). Develop and maintain test automation frameworks. Work closely with Analysts and Engineers on the developed solutions, providing feedback on the soundness of proposed solutions, ensuring they are fit for purpose. Using experience, domain knowledge and risk-based approach, split testing effort effectively into the functional automated tests, structured exploratory testing sessions and non-functional testing (UI, accessibility, performance and security).
Development of bespoke test automation solutions for front-end and web services, integrated in CI/CD pipeline, managed in code repository. Perform manual testing (exploratory and non-functional), record results and log defects. Support and work closely with business stakeholders or users where engagement is needed. Continuously assess and refactor test scenarios. Estimate test effort for planned work, feedback any required metrics to Test Manager. Create and maintain necessary online documentation. Provide feedback/input on the techniques, solutions and tools. Mentor and coach junior members of the team. Take active part in Test Community of Practice and
Experience & Technical skills
- Considerable testing and/or development experience.
- Java, SQL, SOAP/Rest, Cucumber-JVM,intellij, Jenkins, JIRA, AWS, Linux, JMeter.
- Structured test methods and processes
- Common software designs and high-risk areas
- Risk based approach to testing
- Experience working in collaborative agile development environments, preferably using BDD.
- Good working knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language.
- Experienced in building and maintaining test automation using code repository and CI/CD.
- Understanding of non-functional aspects of testing – such as UI, Accessibility, Security and Performance.
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn