With a 28-year history as one of the leading software houses in Northern Ireland our client needs little introduction. They are very much viewed as one of the companies that software engineers across the province aspire to work with during their careers and have become a real Northern Ireland success story, taking their innovative products to be recognised on a global level. An enviable list of clients, a pure agile product development environment and a true pioneering global specialist working with companies in over 50 countries.
Package: Industry leading base salary, an excellent combined package including yearly company bonus, flexitime, company pension scheme, private medical with BUPA discount for family members, Private Dental, Cycle to Work and an excellent electronics scheme for reduced price Apple and Microsoft products
Job type: Full-time / Permanent
The successful applicant will be a test-driven development practitioner who is ready to make the move from developer to senior developer or a Senior Software Developer who really wants to take their career to the next level.
You will be responsible for
- The Architect, design, implement and test of embedded & host software
- Providing innovative, robust and scalable solutions to complex technical problems
- Assisting with rapid prototyping and critical investigations
- Driving continuous improvement to the SW development process
- Improving, refine and refactoring existing software
- Gathering requirements based on system specifications for new products
- Driving task breakdown and estimation to reasonable degree of accuracy
- Developing and maintaining software design documentation
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers
- Writing software user guides, manuals and any other documentation
- Building working relationships with other key departments and customers
- Mentoring, training and supporting other members of the software development team
- Occasional travel to other offices and customer sites
- Successful delivery of at least 3 major software development projects through all stages of the software development lifecycle from requirements capture through to application deployment and support.
- 3 years+ experience of development in C++ or C for Windows and Linux
- Object orientated and multi-threaded design and architecture using industry standard techniques and tools.
- We would also like to welcome applicants who maybe don’t meet all the criteria but would like to understand more about the role and company. If you can demonstrate experience that would be relevant to the role you will also be considered, we have multiple opens with the company.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Tony in the complete confidence on 02895 214076.
About Us: Be-IT Resourcing is a UK wide boutique IT Recruitment specialist with offices in Belfast, Glasgow and Edinburgh with 20+ dedicated IT recruitment specialists. With over 250 years IT recruitment experience across our team and a registered UK Government G-Cloud provider, we are well positioned to assist you in your professional IT career.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing, @tonybakerIT) and Linkedin.
C++, software developer, Windows, Linux, Unix, Agile, software architecture, C++ 11