Do you consider yourself a Network IT Engineer with substantial demonstrable experience within this role and are able to evidence a structured approach to tackling IT Infrastructure projects successfully?
Are you interested in providing technical support to a global business? Then this might be the role for you
We are looking for a Senior IT Network Engineer to join the team. They will design, administer, implement, troubleshoot, and analyse global IT Infrastructure, including all on-premise and cloud base technologies, identifying improvements on an ongoing basis. This role will also include mentoring Junior team members within the department including:
- Skills Transfer
- Identify training
- Timescales and deadlines
The position offers IT knowledge and communication skills development in a multicultural environment, on a Hybrid basis from their office in Clydebank, Glasgow.
The key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all, global IT Infrastructure
- Responsible for the full project lifecycle including proposal, design, implementation, testing, and roll-out.
- Provides 3rd-line support as required on operation issues and projects.
- Prioritisation of workloads and conflicting demands
- As required collaborates with SITO on group infrastructure and Projects
- Liaise with business stakeholders when required and provide regular feedback when working on a project
- Manages project costs and reports these to the IT Network and Infrastructure Manager/ IT Manager for the discrete work packages assigned.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Documents projects when completed for handover to support.
- Act as a mentor to help develop more junior members of the team
You may be asked, from time to time, to undertake other tasks that are considered relevant to your position.
You will need to have experience in some of these key areas:
- Customer-facing skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Motivated attitude
- Team player
- Advanced knowledge of all core infrastructure technologies.
- Experience of Microsoft server technologies up to server 2019
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Strong Network and Comms Skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
The role requires the highest level of problem-solving abilities. Some examples are as follows:
- Responsible for resolving complex issues which have been escalated by other areas of IT support
- Investigating and implementing solutions to business problems using relevant technologies
- Integration of 3rd party solutions to our infrastructure and troubleshooting issues when they arise
Please note that this role is in Clydebank and all candidates should be able to commute to this location
Apply directly or get in touch with Lisa.Donald@be-it.co.uk or apply below.