Would you like to join a world renowned financial services organisation who have recently opened a state of the art global technology hub in the centre of Edinburgh?
You will be working within a cross functional technical development team which has received substantial, long term investments from the business to deliver newly developed or enhanced capabilities across a portfolio of applications and supporting frameworks.
As a Senior Java Developer you will be responsible for development across various portfolios, working with employees and business areas across the globe to build and deliver high quality solutions to meet both client and stakeholder needs whilst championing coding standards, leading / mentoring peers and junior team members and providing innovative ideas on how to make improvements across the technology and practices.
To apply for this role, you must be able to apply technical knowledge and expertise to design, build, test and deploy changes to applications and underlying frameworks to deliver business value, meet stakeholder expectations and avoid creating technical debt.
The below technical experience is desirable:
- Exposure to open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and Apache-SW Libraries.
- Experience within an Agile or DevOps Environment and working knowledge of TDD / BDD.
- A working knowledge of Eclipse, Subversion, Maven, Junit/Mockito is ideal.
- Experience of mobile development using Apache Cordova/PhoneGap.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to build strong working relationships and mentor junior staff
In addition to a competitive base salary the client also offers an extensive benefits package with includes – 25 days holiday, employer pension contribution, private health cover, employee share plan etc
Interested? Please apply with an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration.