Be-IT Resourcing is currently working with a large software and analytics company based in Glasgow. They are looking for the Senior Software Engineer will work across the Workforce Optimization suite with exposure to the entire product set. They will participate fully in all R&D activities and be involved in the design, development, and the implementation of web based applications.
The Senior Software Engineer will work within the engineering team in order to develop new product features, identify and resolve quality issues and handle product sustaining requests. The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a global team, communicating with teams in the USA, Israel and the UK.
This role is crucial to the technology and user experience refresh, and will be looking to technologies such as EXTJS and REST APIs to replace their existing front end stack and allow other UIs to make use of our clients services.
Key tasks include
Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Responsible for high-level designs and technical requirements. Will contribute to component and product architectural designs. Participates in the unit testing, test case reviews, and certification of software. Conducts, participates in design/code reviews. Offers improvements to maintenance problems, design limitation, product reliability and features for future product direction. May engage in limited research, including investigating new technologies to improve current Products. Helps Tier 3 Support with customer cases. Act as subject matter expert in a specific area of responsibility for other teams (i.e., QA, Documentation, Support etc.)
- Advanced knowledge and experience of object oriented principles and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge and experience of an IDE e.g. Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA
- Advanced knowledge and experience of software debugging
- Advanced knowledge and experience of root cause analysis
- Design and development experience in Java 2 Platform technologies (J2EE, EJB) and web application servers
- Experience of unit testing and TDD
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience of software development life cycle methodologies
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn