We have an exciting opportunity for a Java Developer in a forward thinking company that offers a fresh approach to finance. Looking for someone who has varied experience across multiple development projects, across multiple areas of a typical enterprise technology. A developer, with extensive experience of two or more major languages and patterns, practices and coding idioms.
An experienced Agile developer with a strong grasp of automation, continuous integration, test-driven development and continuous refactoring.
You will be coaching and mentoring less experienced developers, sharing knowledge through constructive code reviews and pair programming. Evolving the design of the solution as the requirements and technical landscape changes. Adapting development approach as projects evolve, continuously improving processes and practices. Actively looking for emerging technologies and development approaches that can help the software development effort. Building a technical specialism in one or more development platforms, while at the same time keeping a broad view of the technologies and languages.
Skills and Experience
- Modern Java server containers - Tomcat, JBoss - or frameworks for containerless deployment;
- Major Java frameworks - Spring Framework especially;
- Experience of MVC web frameworks, JSP and other template languages;
- Development of RESTful JSON web services;
- Experience of Oracle including SQL and PL/SPL development
- A strong grasp of OO design, patterns and principles;
- Experience with test-driven development, and solid background in multiple developer test idioms;
- Experience with behaviour-driven development, and a highly collaborative approach;
- A commitment to code craftsmanship - clean, low-complexity, self-describing code;
- Experience of Jenkins;
- Experience of AWS;
- Knowledge of security standards including SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Experience of DevOps automation and IaaS - ideally using Amazon EC2;
- Experience of Cucumber;
- Continuous Integration and Git;
- Knowledge of component development using React;
- Knowledge of ES6;
Please apply online for immediate consideration.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing @PhilpAlastair) and LinkedIn